Sunday, September 22, 2013

The strange shadow


I was talking to some friends about ghosts and horror stories last weekend. They were telling me things that happened to them, when I remembered a strange thing that happened to me a long time ago.
When I was nine or ten years old, I used to be alone at home all afternoon because my parents were working and they returned at night. We lived in a small house so I wasn’t afraid of being alone.
One day, in one of those afternoons that I used to be alone I was playing with dolls and watching TV when I heard a noise coming from the kitchen. The first time I ignored, but I heard that noise again and I went to the kitchen to see what was that noise, there was nothing. While I was coming back I saw a very strange black shadow that looked like a person but had no face. It was going too fast in front of me and then disappeared. At that moment I was very afraid, so I ran to my bedroom and stayed there until my parents arrived.
I'll never forget how scared I was. Apparently, that was the worst experience of my life, I had a very strange feeling at that moment, and when my parents arrived I told them, but they didn’t believe me so I tried to sleep, and after that day I have never been alone at home.
Nowadays, nothing like that happens with me, so I'm more relaxed about staying alone at home. 

1 comment:

  1. Very good story Sthefany,
    Being alone at home can be really scary for kids. You told the story really well and it is very nice to read. The picture is really scary, too.
    See you in class

    ReplyDelete